Email to a Friendclose
DescriptionSimms’ ADL jacket keeps you casting through mixed shoulder season weather thanks to WINDSTOPPER® technical fleece in a DWR rain-repelling finish. Soft-shell cuffs, neck, and side panels increase durability, while the lined collar bolsters next-to-skin comfort and helps contain heat. Source chest pockets with zip closures for fishing essential safe-housing and drop your frozen mitts into perfectly placed hand warmer pockets with an interior stash compartment awaiting digital devices and more.
- Windproof, breathable fleece construction with DWR finish
- Soft shell cuffs, neck & side panels for increased durability
- Full-length YKK® VISLON® corrosion-resistant front zip
- Lined collar; drop-in style hand warmer pockets with interior cell phone stash pocket
- Chest pockets with zip closure; dual draw-cord adjustable bottom hem with cord pull cinch
- Fabric Tech: WINDSTOPPER® Technical Fleece with100% Polyester face; 100% Polyester microcheck fleece backer
- Approx Weight: 23 oz./652 g
- Sizes: S/20, M/30, L/40, XL/50, XXL/60
- Size Chart
Men's Outerwear Top Size Chart
Men's Sizes Chest* Neck* Sleeve* S 36" - 38" 14.5" - 15" 33" - 34" M 39" - 41" 15.5" - 16" 34" - 35" L 42" - 45" 16.5" - 17" 35" - 36" XL 46" - 48" 17.5" - 18" 36" - 37" XXL 49" - 51" 18.5" - 19" 37" - 38"
* These are body measurements
- Product Care
The ability to block wind is inherent in the fabric. Proper washing will not affect its ability to block wind.
Turn item inside-out and machine wash warm with liquid detergent specifically for membrane clothing (available in specialist sports shops). Tumble dry cool, or hang drying is the safest.
Remember to zip all pockets and close all Velcro cuffs before washing to prevent any damage caused by the machine.
Do not dry clean, use bleach or fabric softeners.
It is better to care for the garment often with a little detergent than rarely with a lot of detergent.
Most anglers have experienced a windblown day on the water - many including rain, sleet or snow. Any one of these elements might be enough to drive you inside if you aren’t wearing the proper gear. WINDSTOPPER® fabrics include two key features to make your fishing experience more comfortable:
- Total windproof protection. WINDSTOPPER® membrane blocks 100% of blowing wind. - All Simms WINDSTOPPER® fabrics feature DWR to keep water absorption to the absolute minimum - even with lofty fleece.
Little Parts from the YKK® Fastening Products Group create The Big Difference for our customers — fastening solutions intelligently integrated with the finished product to provide the highest quality, most durable gear. The Little Parts — zippers, metal buttons and snaps, and Nylon buckles — all earn the YKK® brand. The Big Difference begins with their obsession to ensure that every individual component renders maximum value to the finished whole. That commitment instills quality and value into every product. Simms utilizes fasteners built to withstand the harshest environments and YKK® provides the best solutions to meet those needs. All Simms outerwear features nylon YKK® zippers to minimize corrosion and provide high performing, durable wear. www.ykkamerica.com.
- Great jacket except..... Review by Chris
OverallJacket is great, I bought it for Fishing in the spring and fall I really like the jacket except for 2 things.
1. The zipper is not windproof at all running across the lake in a bass boat in the passenger seat yesterday wind was pouring through the zipper when it is about 40 to 45 degrees and you are running 65 plus miles an hour you could really notice it. A flap of some kind behind the zipper would fix this.
2. Jacket should have zippered pockets, I have only had the jacket for a week now and I bet the stuff in my pockets has fallen out 20 times. I just hope I can remember not to put my truck keys in it when I am on the boat. I would hate for them to decide to go for a swim.
With the addition of these 2 things the jacket would be a 5 star jacket.
(Posted on 3/18/15)
- needs lower pocket zippers, inner breast pocket Review by Ivan
OverallLower pockets need zippers, and you need to add inner breast pocket.. That would put it right up there with your out of production
hoodless Windstoppper jacket.
(Posted on 2/11/15)
- i love this thing! Review by Michael T
Overallthis is my first purchase from Simms and it won't be my last. It is exactly as advertised and fits perfectly. I boat off of Savannah Ga. And it's perfect for here as an outer layer! Completely wind proof and water just drops off... My new favorite piece of clothing.
(Posted on 12/26/14)
- Glad it's back Review by R. Baker
OverallI was so happy to see the double layer fleece back in the line up. I have the old one from a few years back in Red and it takes a beating on the ocean for 100 days straight . The best on the water warm jacket for windy days. I was always wanting a black one and no have it with the ADL.
It's warm and cozy without the bulk of a regular warm jacket. The Gore-tex Wind stopper makes this a must have jacket for anyone who spends long cool days on the water.
(Posted on 1/30/14)
- the best of the best. i have been waiting for this jacket to come back, Review by Rick
Overalla retooled model of perfection. this piece of gear is essential to me when the wind is hawkin' and the bottom falls out of the temp gauge.
the fleece is like an old friend.
(Posted on 1/10/14)
- Warm and a great price. Review by R.Baker
OverallI love that Simms decided to bring back a double layer fleece again. Loved my old double layer in red from a few years back but it's seen better days. I was very happy to see the improved replacement in black.
The best cold weather piece for fishing without feeling like I'm wearing a big heavy coat. Fishing Haida Gwaii on the ocean day after day I wear this ADL and t-shirt. It cuts the wind and the fleece is dense and high quality so it's very warm without feeling thick or chunky. I own a ton of high quality outdoor clothes from some of the best companies in the game but this ADL is my most loved piece of outdoor clothes.
Nice job bringing this style of jacket back in the line up for 2014 Simms.
(Posted on 1/9/14)
- Great Jacket Review by Mark The Shark
OverallI got a early Christmas present for myself. This jacket fits great and is very comfortable and warm. I will wear this over my fall run jacket for winter steelhead. I would have givin it a 5 star rating If the lower pockets had zippers.
(Posted on 12/21/13)
- Wonderful jacket Review by Riverdog
OverallThis jacket is wonderful! The heat capabilities are all I hoped for! Warm to touch then excellent at holding warmth in! Field tested on a day where the windchill kept temps below freezing all day! The jacket did as described it blocked the wind perfectly and kept me warm! Haven't gotten to fully test the water resistant capabilities of the jacket but a mock test of sprinkling water over the jacket arm seemed to promise a lot. Great jacket and well worth the price especially when compared to other fleece jackets that don't have winds stopper tech or a DWR!
(Posted on 11/8/13)
Write Your Own Review