Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Simms Fishing Products, a leader in providing the finest fishing waders and apparel, currently has the following position available:
Product Test Manager
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Product Test Manager position. This is a full-time, in-house position, based in Bozeman, Montana.
In this role, the Product Test Manager will manage and lead lab and field-testing across all product categories as a key step in our product creation and wader production workflow. The Product Test Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of Product and provides engineering-driven insight, feedback, and recommendations on all in-line and new raw materials and products that are moving through the product creation engine. The Product Test Manager works closely with the Development, Design, Repair, Quality, Production, and Category Management Teams to identify relevant field test parameters, methodologies, and standards and is responsible for publishing and executing test plans that provide timely feedback to inform decision-making.
The Product Test Manager maintains the highest-level of daily communication with our field testers, internal/external stakeholders, and Management Team to inspire confidence across the organization that our raw materials and products are subjected to the proper quality and quantity of lab and field-testing to ensure enduring Simms product are delivered to the market.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Design, implement and manage a world-class testing function for Simms that vets all raw materials and product concepts prior to commercialization & go-to-market.
- - Successfully partner with the Development, Design, Production, Repair, Quality, and Category Management Teams to ensure 360-degree feedback and insights on raw materials, current products and new concepts inform testing methodologies and parameters.
- - Manage a database of Testers, including recruitment, rationalizing, communication, NDA, feedback, and idea generation across a broad range of product categories and focus areas.
- - Research, recommend, and purchase relevant testing equipment required at Simms to perform in-house lab tests against established standards on candidate and nominated materials across all product categories.
- - Collect, compile, analyze and present insightful and comprehensive test feedback to all key stakeholders and Management to support the decision-making process in the product creation workflow.
- - Interpret data from the Repair Team to inform and execute the on-going testing of current raw materials and products to support continual improvement to ensure Simms delivers on promise of enduring product.
- - Source, as necessary and within budget constraints, any 3rd party lab testing required to fulfill requirements and inform decision-making process.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the fishing and/or outdoor industry with proven success.
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to increase employee engagement
- Team building skills
- Process-driven attitude
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration for Simms Fishing Products' positions should they become available, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected].