Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Simms Fishing Products, a leader in providing the finest fishing waders and apparel, currently has the following position available:
Director of National Accounts
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Director of National Accounts position. This is a full-time, in-house position that will be based in Bozeman, Montana.
In this role, the Director will be a cultural leader within Simms and our National accounts. This individual will be dynamic in forging relationships that develop strategies for sustainable and sometimes aggressive growth opportunities for each organization. This individual will possess a personality that is strong, passionate, proactive and persistent, yet is most importantly is a good listener who is accommodating, understanding and fair.
Developing relationships and building trust is a critical element in maximizing this role and the potential for Simms to become the ultimate supplier and brand for the retailer. The role will be to create and drive a cohesive path towards the coordination of business communications throughout both Simms and the retail partner’s organization. As a result, this role will lead the planning to obtain business forecasts, purchase orders, and marketing plans to ensure that Go-To-Market campaigns have the highest opportunity for success. It is essential for this individual to be seen and respected as a vital partner in the fishing department’s success and that of Simms.
The Director of National Accounts will communicate regularly with category managers, production, finance, and executive team members within Simms to ensure that planning is in place to deliver upon the national account’s needs. The role will regularly collaborate with the VP of Sales and the National Sales Manager to ensure that the organization is in alignment to support key product investments in the field with in-store sales training, product education, events, and point of sale support to increase brand success at retail and deliver profitable growth for all business parties.Outcomes of this role include:
- A pro-active commercialization calendar aligned with the National Accounts to manage the day to day business operations and to launch new products to ensure brand momentum and category growth
- Product forecasts and purchase orders will be secured to schedule production commitments to meet the needs of the retailer’s in-store and delivery requirements
- A fully aligned organization within Simms that supports the execution of product deliveries with sales and marketing campaigns to drive sales at retail
- Regular communication with National Accounts to avoid situations where needs are unmet.
- Individual is sought out for critical information on business direction and growth opportunities both within Simms and with the National Accounts; A respected source of business opportunities
Successful candidates should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 3 -5 years sales planning with national accounts in the fishing and hunting market
- 7 – 10 years or proven sales experience within the outdoor, hunting and fishing market
- Experience in working with buying and purchasing groups
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Exceptional creator of solutions to business challenges and complications
- Strong team building skills
- Confident decision maker with a process-driven attitude that builds upon daily improvements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 60 days per year
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration for Simms Fishing Products' positions should they become available, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected].