Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Quality Manager position. This is a full-time, in-house role based in Bozeman, Montana.
In this role, you must be ready to manage the entire worldwide quality process to drive product quality and reliability to new levels.
The Quality Manager works closely with the Product, Operations and Production teams to help create, build and deliver world class quality products.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Builds systems and processes to reduce or eliminate defects
- Develops all quality inspection criteria from BOMs, Specs and Tech packs
- Reviews all inspection results and recommends appropriate actions
- Improves quality systems and processes to insure a high level of quality
- Manages any major quality issues and communicates resolutions across departments
- Provides insightful summarized feedback on quality from numerous sources
- Manages field testing and is accountable to drive the testing function to meet goals, objectives & timing in the corporate calendar
- Owns Simms Quality Manual
Successful candidates should possess:
- Robust leadership expertise
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak up and down organization
- Process-driven attitude
- Team building skills
- Experience at leading change
- Problem-solving skills
- Flexible personality
- A record of significant, progressively responsible experience working in manufacturing, materials or quality management systems is required
- Industry certifications for quality, quality management, or improvement (i.e., ASQ, Six Sigma or Lean) preferred
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an area related to manufacturing preferred
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration for Simms Fishing Products' positions should they become available, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected].