Email to a Friendclose
DescriptionOur HardBite Boot Studs easily convert our StreamTread™ soles to studded.
- 45+ Rockwell hard screw, zinc-plated for corrosion resistance
- 1/4" hex head sharp point screw and Hex Nut Driver
- Welded carbide gripper pellets enhance traction and durability
- Hex Nut Driver included
- 20 studs per package
- May be used individually or in combination with HardBite™ Star Cleats in any pattern that the angler chooses to best fit the wading environment
- Patent pending
- Click here for StreamTread™ cleat patterns and Vibram® Resoling resources
- Made in USA
- Product Care
Proudly made in the United States of America. Click here to see more of Simms USA-made products.
- good product Review by PA fisherman
OverallI've gotten a couple years use out of one set of studs. With a couple hundred days of fishing both PA spring creeks and freestones, to salmon/steelhead fishing on lake Erie/Ontario tribs. I actually had to replace the soles before the studs. However, I am replacing the studs with the soles. I expect the same results.
(Posted on 3/5/13)
- Caveat Emptor Review by Mark
OverallI purchased a package of these ridiculously priced studs and installed them in my felt-soled guide boots (which I love!). After exactly seven days of fishing on the Dean River they were as smooth and flat as a baby's butt. Worse yet, the remainder(s) are virtually impossible to remove, even with the Simms tool provided. When I hit the river I look like I stepped out of a Simms catalogue. I love their gear, all of it, with the exception of the ineffective and shockingly priced studs they sell. The irony is that the rocks, basalt and granite ledges studs are designed to work on are the very places that cause these studs to erode almost immediately.
(Posted on 12/13/12)
- Worn out in one trip Review by Matt
OverallUsed these on a new pair of Simms felt-bottomed Guide boots for a 6 day trip on the Deschutes. By the end of day 3 the entire head portion of the screw had worn down. For the price I had hoped they would last longer, but I can't afford to replace them after each extended trip. Hopefully I'll be able to at least remove them from the boot. Also, the set I bought did not come with a key as shown here.
(Posted on 8/17/12)
Write Your Own Review