Email to a Friendclose
DescriptionDurable, lightweight, quick drying polyester fleece with DWR finish and WINDSTOPPER® membrane
- Durable, lightweight, quick-drying Soft Shell fabric with DWR finish and WINDSTOPPER® membrane
- Palm and cuff areas feature Polartec® WindPro® Hardface fabric for enhanced dexterity, durability, comfort, wind resistance and water repellency
- Ergonomic fit for better dexterity when casting & the anatomical fit ensures less bulk between fingers
- Integrated heater pack pocket located on interior of cuff
- 3M® light reflective logo details for additional safety
- Men's sizes: small, medium, large, extra-large
- Product Care
The ability to block wind is inherent in the fabric. Proper washing will not affect its ability to block wind.
Turn item inside-out and machine wash warm with liquid detergent specifically for membrane clothing (available in specialist sports shops). Tumble dry cool, or hang drying is the safest.
Remember to zip all pockets and close all Velcro cuffs before washing to prevent any damage caused by the machine.
Do not dry clean, use bleach or fabric softeners.
It is better to care for the garment often with a little detergent than rarely with a lot of detergent.
Most anglers have experienced a windblown day on the water - many including rain, sleet or snow. Any one of these elements might be enough to drive you inside if you aren’t wearing the proper gear. WINDSTOPPER® fabrics include two key features to make your fishing experience more comfortable:
- Total windproof protection. WINDSTOPPER® membrane blocks 100% of blowing wind. - All Simms WINDSTOPPER® fabrics feature DWR to keep water absorption to the absolute minimum - even with lofty fleece.
- Warm on a 9 degree day Review by Salvatore
OverallBought these at my local fly shop Chagrin River Outfitters in Chagrin Falls, Ohio before going steelheading. Good thing i bought them, it was only 9 degrees that day, the river was full of slush and ice. Fished for about 3 hours and hands were perfectly warm. I love that the gloves are fingerless, and also that they keep your whole hand warm. Great buy.
(Posted on 2/4/13)
- Best gloves on the market! Review by J Raftery - NV
OverallBought a couple pairs in preparation for the winter. I love that my hands stay warm and I can still tie knots. When I pick up a rod and reel I can still feel the sensitivity of the rod because the finger tips are exposed. In the winter I wouldn't leave home without them! Superior product!!
(Posted on 1/17/13)
- Good for the cold Review by Jlusher
OverallJust purchased these gloves for a December trip at Lee's Ferry. They worked very well, even with the cold temps they kept me fishing all day. With my rod icing up my finger tips were chilled, but the rest of my hands stayed very warm. After landing a few nice fish the gloves dried quickly. Definitely worth the investment.
(Posted on 1/6/13)
- Satisfied Review by ScottyD1
OverallI bought these for Steelheading the Lake Erie Tribs and I like them. So far I've worn them in 35-40 degree weather and they keep me warm. I may catch a period of being cold but they regenerate the warmth I need. Keeps your fingers free for tying up and are water resistant. The fleece keeps you warm even if you get wet!! So far so good!!
(Posted on 11/20/12)
- A Dud Review by jaybo
OverallI am a huge fan of Simms products and have rarely been disappointed. These gloves are good on a fall or spring day only and fail miserably when it is cold. They do dry fast but that's about the only redeeming quality. Save your money and buy the wool gloves. They perform well beyond their price point. They are warm when you need it and breathe when you need them to. Even when wet, they will keep you warm.
(Posted on 11/8/12)
- Warm Review by Jared G - Utah
OverallWarm glove, keeps fingers open to tie fly on tippets. Only negative is that until you get used to using, I tend to snag flies in the stitching of the glove. Not a problem with the glove, just an adjustment. Helps keep hand warm when windy, and will repel water, but not waterproof.
(Posted on 7/16/12)
- Good Glove Review by Dave - Kodiak, AK
OverallThese are a good glove and the heater pack pockets really work to keep your hands warm. I would like the fingers to bit just a tad longer but that is persona preference. As with all Simms products, built to last.
(Posted on 7/16/12)
Write Your Own Review