Email to a Friendclose
DescriptionFact, Wyoming residents are slightly more aerodynamic than the rest of us thanks to relentless wind-tunnel variety weather. From the North Platte to the Snake to the Wind River Range, Simms’ Windstopper® Softshell Hoody delivers simmering warmth for your core via plush Soft Shell fabrics. Performance features include raglan sleeves for fine-tuned fit and full-range mobility, while the adjustable hood provides room for a billed hat and solace from Wyoming’s wayward tumbleweeds.
- Raglan sleeve improves fit and range of motion
- Two stitched-in pockets for more relaxed styling
- Adjustable deep hood provides room for hat
- Large chest pocket features audio cable system for on-the-go music
- WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell fabric with 100% Nylon face; 100% polyester micro-check fleece lining
- Approximate weight: 24 oz
- Product Care
The ability to block wind is inherent in the fabric. Proper washing will not affect its ability to block wind.
Turn item inside-out and machine wash warm with liquid detergent specifically for membrane clothing (available in specialist sports shops). Tumble dry cool, or hang drying is the safest.
Remember to zip all pockets and close all Velcro cuffs before washing to prevent any damage caused by the machine.
Do not dry clean, use bleach or fabric softeners.
It is better to care for the garment often with a little detergent than rarely with a lot of detergent.
Most anglers have experienced a windblown day on the water - many including rain, sleet or snow. Any one of these elements might be enough to drive you inside if you aren’t wearing the proper gear. WINDSTOPPER® fabrics include two key features to make your fishing experience more comfortable:
- Total windproof protection. WINDSTOPPER® membrane blocks 100% of blowing wind. - All Simms WINDSTOPPER® fabrics feature DWR to keep water absorption to the absolute minimum - even with lofty fleece.
- Great Product Review by Jacob
OverallWarm, quality material. Truly is wind proof! Does run a little small so make sure to order an extra size or two larger if you plan to wear it as an outer layer.
(Posted on 12/20/13)
- No brainer Review by Don Nacho
OverallI wear this coat everywhere. From steel heading in NW BC to going out with the wife for pints at the Kodiak Lounge. 5 stars all around.
(Posted on 12/6/13)
- The go to jacket Review by Hammer Trout
OverallSpring in New Mexico can be gale force, this jacket handles it easy. Awesome hood, fleece lined, windproof and water resistant (haven't been in a down pour yet), plus it's stylin dude. I wear on the water and out for dinner. Simms stitching says it all.
Thanks for another tough garment
(Posted on 3/26/13)
- Go-to jacket Review by Ram
OverallHave had this since Christmas 2011 and I love it. It is very functional and works great around town. It looks great too (color: black-olive) - my wife even lets me wear it when we go out on dates. What more can you ask for: a highly functional jacket and the wife's approval. Can't go wrong with this one.
(Posted on 3/15/13)
- good in wind and cold and wet Review by matulaitis
OverallUsed in Chile for a week this March, great in wind, cold, wet.
Simms could really have put a two way zipper on the front of it given the price....
(Posted on 3/10/13)
- Great all around softshell hoody Review by Henry
OverallGreat all around jacket, that keeps the elements out when enjoying the outdoors in less than desirable conditions. Great product Simms, highly recommend it.
(Posted on 2/24/13)
- Does it all! Review by John
OverallWhether fishing the high desert of Wyoming, skiing the Wasatch, chasing roosters in western Nebraska, or wearing around town, this jacket does it all. Highly recommend.
(Posted on 2/3/13)
- 90% Jacket Review by Tyler Cote
OverallBorrowing the 90% phrase- this is seriously the only jacket you need 9 days out of 10. Warm, windproof, and even repels some light rain for a while, perfect for all but a true drenching. Great fit without bulk. Keep it handy, you will find yourself reaching for it often.
(Posted on 7/16/12)
- W/S, S/S Hoody Review by Lawrence Vanderven
OverallWinner, winner fishy dinner! The most popular Simms jkt ever. Is it the comfortable fit? The colours? The Price? The function? All of the above.
(Posted on 7/16/12)
- Great Jacket Review by MM
OverallGood warm jacket. Great in the wind.
(Posted on 7/16/12)
Write Your Own Review
You may also need...