E-commerce Channel Manager
The Simms eCommerce channel is growing and we’re looking to fill the eCommerce Channel Manager position. This is a full-time, in-house position based in Bozeman, Montana.
In this role, the Channel Manager will have P&L, merchandising, performance marketing, inventory planning, and analytics responsibility. The individual in this role is focused on creating a differentiated digital commerce experience, leveraging data to create highly converting shopping experiences. This is equal parts merchant with a great eye for product, growth marketer, and a data driven analyst; thinking strategically as well as responsible for day-to-day execution.
This individual will be responsible for driving revenue while managing cross-functional relationships internally and externally. The ability to influence and drive change across a retail manufacturing organization, strategic planning and presentation skills to senior management are essential to meet the growth expectations for the direct channel at Simms.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Owns revenue, margin, and profitability forecasts and results with accountability for hitting aggressive annual growth targets.
- Grow email file and optimize email marketing channel, ensuring measurement of results via balanced metrics creation and recurring monitoring.
- Develop and manage analytics to uncover insights and new opportunities for growth and differentiation.
- Monitor changes in customer lifetime value using data to implement changes to the assortment mix, site features, or marketing strategies.
- Define and manage a seasonal, monthly and weekly site content calendar in partnership with the Marketing and Product teams to ensure freshness, relevancy and appropriate balance of brand storytelling and commerce.
- Develop and manage analytics to uncover insights and new opportunities for growth and differentiation. Monitor changes in customer lifetime value using data to implement changes to the assortment mix, site features, or marketing strategies.
- Design, launch, and monitor promotions that ensure a mix of full to reduced pricing to hit overall margin targets but drive sales and contribute to responsible elimination of overstock inventory.
- Consistently develop highly converting and personalized upsell and cross-sell strategies leveraging modern marketing capabilities such as customer data platforms
- Establish detailed KPIs and metrics to track and report on the performance of strategic goals, processes and programs and transform data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Be an internal champion for the direct selling business and educate the rest of the company on the growth opportunities. Regularly socialize insights to executive leadership. Ensure that online strategies align with overall business and branding objectives.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in eCommerce, merchandising, marketing (preferably in highly branded outdoor retail)
- Broad operating range with ability to engage at a strategic, executive level and dive into hands-on execution
- Excellent communication skills, especially executive-level communication and the ability to tell a compelling story
- Data-driven approach to decision making
- Tireless customer centric approach
- Capability to model and build business algorithms and translate them into business intelligence and outcome measurement
- Hands on experience writing queries and reports in data warehouses; strong excel skills
- Effective communication across multi-functional teams
- Self-starter, hands-on personality
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
For consideration, please submit your resume to: email@example.com