Associate Product Developer
The Associate Product Developer (APD) will support the product creation process to ensure on-time development, engineering, testing, commercialization and accurate specification for all assigned products. The APD will support in translating 2D design into 3D samples that meet or exceed brief, design intent, costing targets, and adhere to established standards for branding, design, craftsmanship, fit, lab/field testing, quality, and durability. The Associate Product Developer works under specific direction and coaching from their immediate manager, and other stakeholders across the product team.
The ideal candidate for this role can work across a broad range of product types, and is comfortable diving into new, unknown challenges. The APD is adept in seeking out resources to support their learning process, including internal coworkers as well as our manufacturers and other external partners. The APD must facilitate positive collaboration across the various functional team(s), and provides critical support in efforts to meet established workflow requirements, budget constraints, sampling standards, fit standards, and milestone dates.
The Associate Product Developer will successfully manage, as assigned, assorted projects to enhance and support the Development process (e.g. Process improvement, documentation standards, data integrity). This role is a steppingstone to more autonomous development ownership of specific products and categories.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Key player in seasonal proto and commercialization phases.
- Supports in creating and maintaining all specs, BOMS, tech packs, relevant records and a sample archive for all assigned categories.
- Cultivation of positive teamwork and inspiration within the category team(s), across the organization, and with external partners through an open, professional and collaborative work style.
- Embraces a ‘fail fast to succeed sooner’ approach to developing protos and new concepts.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with commitments.
- Solid communication skills (verbally, written & listening).
- Persistent & proactive in approach to work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- -1+ years in apparel product development recommended
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
For consideration, please submit your resume to: email@example.com