What Is The SHOOT OUT?
The SHOOT OUT brings together fishing filmmakers with the world's best fishing guides for 2-days of shooting on the waters of Southwest Montana. There, short films are produced in their entirety with only days to conduct post-production and prepare for the SHOOT OUT film competition held in downtown Bozeman. And the audience chooses the winner right on the spot!
Rules of the Shoot Out Competition:
- Teams of 2 filmmakers.
- Simms Guide Ambassador to accompany each group.
- Two days of on-the-water shooting in Montana prior to the ICE OUT 2013.
- Submitted films must be no longer than 6 minutes in length.
- Prizes: we have some great ones. Cash! Gear! Adulation!
- Also, don't forget the gear allowance for all Shoot Out teams.
Montana Wild: Grand Prize Winner
Beattie Outdoor Productions: Second Place
Learn More About the Selected Filmmakers:
We received a ton of great applicants this year and have selected these fine five filmmakers to showcase their talents at this year's Simms Shoot Out Film Competition. Learn more about them by clicking on their name below: