SIMMS GUARANTEE & REPAIRS
If your SIMMS product fails due to a defect in workmanship or materials, SIMMS will repair or replace your gear and get you back on the water as soon as possible. If your SIMMS product fails due to excessive wear, accidents involving barbed wire or campfires, or the natural breakdown of materials over extended time, SIMMS will make every effort to repair your gear for a reasonable fee.
- Defective or damaged products must be returned to SIMMS for evaluation and will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. Once we have completed our evaluation, we will contact you. If we are unable to reach you directly, we will leave a voice message and/or send an email. Item(s) will be considered abandoned and returned after 60 days from the last contact with you.
- SIMMS does not charge return shipping to you for repairs or replacements covered by the guarantee.
- If purchased directly from SIMMS: START YOUR REPAIR
THE BEST WADER GUARANTEE
60-Day Replacement For Leaks, No Questions Asked
Return your leaking waders for a replacement of the same model and size, no questions asked.
365 Days - Wader Repairs On Us
If your waders leak within the first year, we’ll repair at no charge.
- If purchased directly from SIMMS, START YOUR REPAIR. You are responsible for charges related to shipping the wader to SIMMS. SIMMS will cover return shipping of the wader to you.
- If purchased from an authorized SIMMS dealer in North America, you may return your waders to that dealer for repair. You must provide the original sales receipt or proof of purchase to the authorized dealer. If purchased outside the US and Canada, please consult the dealer where your product was purchased.
Wader Repairs Beyond The First Year - $60
- If your wader is in need of repair after your first year, Simms charges a flat fee of $60 for evaluation, repair, testing of repairs and return shipping back to you. To initiate a repair, please contact the authorized Simms Dealer where your wader was purchased, or you may use the Simms Online Repair Center and return the waders to Simms.
- Typical turnaround time for any repair or warranty claim is approximately 3 weeks, not including transit time to and from Simms.
HOW TO REPAIR WADER PINHOLE LEAKS
- Field repairs of pinhole leaks can be quite effective by locating and marking the leak and using a sealant like Aquaseal®. Our process here in Bozeman is pretty similar although we have custom built testing equipment to ensure that the leak is sealed - you'll have to wade back in and test it! The process is a bit different for GORE-TEX® and non-gore waders.
- GORE-TEX WADERS: The video below covers pinhole leak discovery and repair using isopropyl alcohol. The alcohol makes locating leaks pretty easy.
- NON-GORE WADERS: You'll still use Aquaseal or an equivalent to seal the leak. To locate leaks, turn the wader inside out, fill it with water and mark the pinholes you spot. Alternatively you can hold air in the wader legs like a balloon, immerse in water and look for bubbles to find the pinholes.
GENERAL RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
- When you are returning products back to SIMMS for repair or warranty service, please ensure the items are clean and dry. A product received in a non-serviceable condition will be returned "as is" at our discretion.
- SIMMS is not responsible for lost items. Please empty all pockets and remove any accessories such as fly boxes, retractors, belts, cleats, or fly patches.
- SIMMS is not responsible for packages lost in transit. Please note, it is REQUIRED to have a Return Authorization Number prior to shipment to SIMMS. Please ensure your package has your Return Authorization Number clearly written on the outside of the box, and we recommend insuring your package and obtaining a tracking number. To create a Return Authorization, visit the SIMMS Online Repair Center
INTERNATIONAL RETURNS OR WARRANTY
SIMMS Fishing Products has distributors across the globe. If you encounter an issue with product purchased outside the US or Canada, please consult the dealer where your product was originally purchased.