Women Are Fly
Thursday, August 25th, 3-6 PM at Simms HQ
Women have been a major part of fly fishing since the 1500’s. Oftentimes their contributions are overshadowed. Join us at Simms HQ on August 25th for a new Women Are Fly event designed to shine a light on these incredibly influential anglers from both the past and present who have played a key role in shaping the community we know and love today.
- Virtual Welcome Joan Wulff
- Fanny Krieger shares: Founding Women's Fly Fishing Clubs
- Industry Panel (Annette McLean, Betsey French, Rebeca Granillo, Diane Bristol)
- The making of the Joan Wulff Special Winston Rod (Annette McLean)
- Casting Demonstration (Annette McLean, assisted by Rebeca Granillo)
- Networking Moment: What Are You Really Fishing For?
- Social Hour (Drinks and food provided)
No sign up necessary. Simply come to the Simms lobby and you're in!
We'll end in time to take the party over to Gallatin Fairgrounds for Casting for Recovery's Drift Boat Drive-In.
All participants will receive a free membership to the American Museum of Fly Fishing. To learn more about the history of women in the sport click the link below.
Photo Credits: American Museum of Fly Fishing